After a year and a half of struggling to finish my second book, it’s finally finished! And not only finished but I have a signed contract with my publisher Clean Reads.
The Prophecy of Mary Anne is a prequel to The Village Green. I don’t have the release date yet, but as soon as I do you’ll be the first to know.
Thanks for reading,
M.A. Foxworthy, author of The Village Green.
- Why did you choose to write a dystopian novel?
The story that came to mind was dystopian in nature. And the dystopian genre seems to reflect my personality a bit.
- Do you have any favorite dystopian literature? Authors?
Two of my favorite dystopian novels are Brave New World and Animal Farm. My favorite dystopian author is Orwell.
- Do you foresee any part of your book becoming reality?
I wrote my book using real facts and so yes, I do see parts of it coming to pass right now and in the future.
- Was there a particular event or idea in the real world that inspired your writing?
There was not one particular event or idea, but many that brought the story to mind.
- When writing your book, did you seek to only tell a good story or to get across a specific message?
I certainly tried to do both. I think that all dystopian novels have a moral and my does, but also I hope that the story is good.
- What other genres do you read?
I love British mystery novels and I also read a lot of nonfiction.
- Have you or would you like to write in another genre? Which one?
I would like very much to write a series of mysteries.
- Are you particularly fond of any one of you characters?
I would say that Derek is my favorite character. He’s intelligent, loyal, humble, and self-sacrificing.
- Is there one book, in any genre, that has had a lasting impact on your life? Title. How did it affect you?
Orwell’s 1984 had a real effect on how I view the world. Whenever I see an example of group-think (aka political correctness) I am reminded of this book, and I shudder.
I woke up this morning to a totally unexpected book review from Long and Short Reviews.
Four out of four stars !!
Here’s the link: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/book-reviews/the-village-green-by-m-a-foxworthy/
Kelsey Cooper lives in the Village Green where her life is tightly controlled by the rules of her community and the fear of Public Shaming.
The necessities of daily life are scarce and the people are getting angry. And although hunger and want are no strangers to Kelsey, she begins to wonder if it has
always been this way.
When Kelsey and her friend Derek leave the boundaries of their village Kelsey finds an ancient journal and the knowledge and events that follow will answer her questions and much more.
The Village Green is a YA Dystopian novel. Available now!
Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-village-green-m-a-foxworthy/1120483015?ean=2940150575226